2013-02-11

DIY Cornerweight

I've been looking for corner weight scales for rent at a reasonable price for some time now without success.

At the local Biltema store 130 kg analogue bathroom scales was only €5 each, so I bought a complete corner weight rig consisting of 8 scales for less than what it would cost me to rent racing scales a few hours. Not as accurate of course, but I thought that hopefully they was accurate enough and I can do it any time I want.

Well, they weren't.

When I was standing on a scale, my body weight shifted +/- 10 kg depending on if I was standing on my toes or on my heels.

First I tried with a piece of plywood to even out the weight, but it did not help much. I got the same readings without it and easier to handle.

I repeated the measurements multiple times and the readings was a bit more consistent than I expected, within 10-15 kg. Still not good, but maybe enough for a very rough corner weight adjustment.

Anyway I don't trust them, even for my own body weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment